Suicide
The student news site of Lancaster High School

Eye of the Gale

Eye of the Gale

Eye of the Gale

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dreams Dashed

LHS Varsity baseball season ends
The Lancaster High School Baseball team standing for flag etiquette. Photo courtesy of Imagical Studios LLC.

The Lancaster High School boys baseball team had an unfortunate end to their season with sixteen wins and only eight losses. Although they entered post-season play, they lost the game against Westerville South Wednesday night.

Coach Corey Conn said that some of the highlights during the regular season included their spring break trip and their game against. Pickerington Central High School. 

“We went to Cincinnati and saw the Reds play.  We had a team suite with all you can eat ballpark food.  Visited Thomas More University as well.  It was a great trip! Our youth night was another highlight.  It was cool to see the little guys look up to our players and get their autographs,” said Conn.

Coach Corey Conn on senior night. Photo courtesy of Imagical Studios LLC.

Players Jackson Burke and Kameron Griffith said that their personal highlights from the season were ones they will never forget. 

“Some personal highlights from this season would have to be playing Pickerington Central this year in both football and baseball; football the whole team competed more than we ever had and just fell short in the end. [In] baseball we lost to them earlier in the season but it all came together and we beat them the next time we played them,” said Burke. 

Griffith said that the team’s season went very well even with not winning the OCC title and the team’s goals are still intact.

“One of my highlights of this season would be my home run against Groveport, ” said Griffith.

As every sport comes with challenges, the LHS baseball team faced many challenges this year with injuries and losses. 

“We have faced some injuries.  We have had some people step up but injuries have definitely given us some adversity this year,” said Conn. 

“This season the hardest part of baseball would be handling the losses. Some games this year we should have won, but we stay together as a team to always leave the past in the past and focus on the next game,” stated Burke.

Senior Jackson Burke after playing an amazing game and getting rewarded the dominated tee shirt.
Photo courtesy of LHS Baseball Instagram.

Coach Conn and some of the players said that their goals for the next season are to be able to win back the OCC title and play in the postseason. 

“We want to finish the season strong and play in June.  The goal for next season is to play in June as well” said Conn. 

“Our goal next year will be to get back the OCC title and move up from there. Everyone wants  a state title but we have to worry about what happens in the offseason first,” said LHS junior David Thomas. 

This year, the LHS baseball team was successful in building a strong team dynamic.

Junior David Thomas was excited about the game.
Photo courtesy of Imagical Studios LLC.

“I love these guys! They are a team in every sense of the word.  They show up each day ready to dominate their role and I couldn’t be prouder of them,” said Conn.

Griffith said that the team really came together this year with unity. 

“The team dynamics are very different from last year. Everyone on the team is connected and we play as one team not just in groups but as one,” said Griffith.