Suicide
The student news site of Lancaster High School

Eye of the Gale

Eye of the Gale

Eye of the Gale

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

LHS Halloween Parade

Students show off costumes
2023-2024 LHS Halloween Parade.

LHS students and staff members showed off their costumes in the annual LHS Halloween Parade, Wednesday, October 31st.  The parade participants displayed costumes ranging from pirates and skeletons to dinosaurs and TV and movie characters.

English teacher, Hannah McKenny who dressed up as Perry the Platypus, said it was a lot of fun.

“The parade is one of my favorite parts of this school year. It was the best. Leading off of the parade were us teachers: the party animals. We started and set the crazy tone for the rest of the parade. I had lots of fun. I threw some candy out to some kids, like smarties, dum-dums, tootsie roll pops– those are ‘the bomb.’ It was a great time– always one of my favorite things to do. 

The annual parade is a tradition and Health teacher Stephanie Root said she would enjoy seeing more students and staff participate in it.

“I love seeing everybody’s reactions as we walk around. We had some soldier boys behind us with music and a lot of kids smiled, laughed, and they were excited to see all the teachers who dressed up. I’d like to see more participation. I teach a lot of freshmen and I feel like when they’re coming into a new school, they’re more hesitant to experience goofy experiences like that. You only get four years of highschool to be fun and silly sometimes. Don’t be too cool for school.”

Below is a gallery of photos and a video link to see the parade.