Behind the camera

A look through Luke’s lens
Luke Franke hones his photography skills.

A senior here at Lancaster High School, Luke Franke is well-known for his phenomenal photography skills and creativity. Throughout his four years of high school, Franke has made his mark on Lancaster High School and the class of 2024. He has taken numerous photos of students in the stands and players on the field at football games and senior pictures for students. His portfolio also includes general photos of nature and art.

Franke displays his editing skills.

Franke explained how his initial interest in photography began.

“During COVID, my cousin invested in a camera and let me use it. I easily found my niche and discovered that it is something that I want to continue to do for the years to come,” said Franke.

His mother, Debbie Franke, described her son’s level of creativity.

“I think Luke is good at what he does because he’s always been a very creative and artistic person. He sees things differently than anyone else in our family, and I really love that about him,” she said.

In addition to taking impressive photos, Franke has started to hone his editing skills.  Mrs. Franke also described her favorite photo her son has taken that shows his editing ability.

“What I find most fascinating is what Luke can do with editing photos. For example, this photo is wild and I love it,” she said.

LHS senior Ethan Masten, a close friend of Franke’s, said he admires the amateur photographer’s aesthetic.

“He isn’t afraid to push the limit of normality and professionalism in photography. He goes the extra artistic limit and it shows off his talent and sets him apart,” said Masten.

Franke said his strategic tactics have contributed to his recent success and growth in his photography business.

“I firmly believe consistency and quality are the keys to success. Sharing good quality photos consistently helps build traction and trust,” he said.

LHS Multimedia teacher, Dane Michelsen, said that Franke has a special talent for photography.

“Luke puts the work into his craft to continually keep growing as a photographer, He does a great job in capturing the emotions of those he is photographing. He is always able to tell a story with the pictures he takes,” said Michelsen.

Franke shares his plans to pursue photography after high school.

“I plan on majoring in film and minoring in photography possibly at CCAD or Ohio University.”

Take a look at some of Luke’s photography:

All photos courtesy of Luke Franke.