Popular Artists Performing in Ohio

Who is the favorite artist on tour this summer?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Popular Artists Performing in Ohio

PATD tour poster. Image courtesy of Google.

Emma Deeter, Editorial Editor

Popular artists such as Ariana Grande, Twenty One Pilots, and Panic! at the Disco are touring the country. There are many concerts coming to Ohio in summer of 2019. Many artists are celebrating the release of their new albums.

Ariana Grande is a 25-year-old singer/songwriter. Grande has released four pop albums including Yours Truly, My Everything, Dangerous Woman. Her newest album Sweetener came out last year. Grande will be performing at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio July 1st as part of her Sweetener World Tour.

According to Rolling Stone magazine, “Grande released Sweetener back in August. The record debuted atop the Billboard 200 and has so far spawned two Top 10 hits, “No Tears Left to Cry” and “God Is a Woman.”

Twenty One Pilots will perform at the Nationwide Arena on June 29th – 30th as part of the band’s Bandito Tour. The main vocalist is Tyler Joseph, who also plays the piano ukulele, and bass, and a drummer, Josh Dun. The band was originally formed in 2009.

Their newest album, Trenched, came out in 2018 after a year-long hiatus. The Bandito Tour is a celebration of the album’s release. It began last October but is ongoing through this August.

Lancaster High School junior, Katie Cordle said she is eager to see bands like them.

Katie Cordle, an LHS junior.

“The concerts I would go to are Twenty One Pilots and Panic! at the Disco,” she said. “I like listening to alternative music and I love the lead singer of Panic! at the Disco.”

Panic! at the Disco is an alternative rock band inspired by the emo music of the early 2000s. They have released six albums.

“I listen to mostly rock and I like that not all rock songs sound the same and there are very many varieties of rock. I would go to a Panic At The Disco concert because I really like listening to them,” said LHS sophomore Mercedes Welch.

Mercedes Welch, a sophomore at LHS.

PATD came to Ohio at the end of January but for those willing to make the drive, their last concert is June 21 in Dover Delaware at the Firefly Music Festival.

For those who would rather stay close to home, the Lancaster Festival is from July 17th – 27th and features eleven days of music. It’s the largest event in Fairfield County. At the heart is the Lancaster Festival Orchestra. Hall of Fame artists headline the concert stage on Saturday nights. Learn more at https://www.lancasterfestival.org/