Eye of the Gale

Playing Dress-up

LHS students get decked-out for fun and philanthropy

Bella Specht, aged 10 dresses up for  Ghoulish Gales at LHS

Laura Specht

Bella Specht, aged 10 dresses up for Ghoulish Gales at LHS

Lancaster High Schools students had fun dressing up as a way to have fun and help others.  The Ghoulish Gales, Drama Walk, and Halloween gave students many opportunities to don costumes and they showed their flare in a variety of ways.

Ghoulish Gales –  by Alexis Owens, Editor in chief

Lancaster High School hosted its second annual Ghoulish Gales on Tuesday, October 30th. Ghoulish Gales was sponsored by the 2017 Latin Club as an alternative way to Trick or Treat.

Jake Spires, grade 11

Due to last year’s success, this year the Latin Club decided to make the event even bigger. This year, 19 clubs and sports were able to cover the occasion. Although the amount of people in attendance was more than expected, students were happy to help.

Latin Club president, Sydney Bird said “Ghoulish Gales is all about integrating the atmosphere of our High School with that of the community.” The night was able to happen all due to Lancaster’s own students that are passionate about helping the community.

In total, more than 700 children plus their families all receive candy. Compared to last year, there was a significant increase in attendees thanks to the adjustments made by the Latin Club. Along with the compelling factor of increased attendants, there was the downfall of crowded halls. Bird stated, “One challenge of the event was working on keeping the flow of traffic in one direction and with relative speed.” She then goes onto say how the even was more controlled than last year and how Mrs. Roidt with the Latin officers would like to expand pass the GAC for even more space next year.  

LHS Halloween Costume Contest and Parade –  by, Jacob Ewing, Print Layout Editor

Dylan Griffith, grade 9

The LHS students and staff dressed up and participated in the 2nd annual Halloween costume contest and parade on October 31st.

LHS teacher Mr. Baxter participated in the costume contest as the character Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter. He commented on the costumes as well, saying he was happy with how so many people had

Tristan Devore and Ben Jurecki, grade 10

participated in the contest. Also, when asked about teens who think they are too old for Halloween, Baxter said, “You are never too old for               Halloween.”

Ghost Tour Drama Walk – by, Staff Writer

LHS Drama Club members participated in a ghost tour and drama walk in the downtown area October 20 in which actors performed various impromptu scenes to augment creepy scary ghost stories that were recited for the community’s enjoyment.  Hot beverages and cookies were provided during the ghost hunting section of the tour. 

Skylar Peterson who played the role of the creeper had the following  to say about his time acting during the tour.

Ghost Tour Drama Club Walk

The anticipation I had as I heard the guests slowly approaching my spot was just the best thing ever, it was funny to me how they had no clue what was about to happen . . . a great moment for me was when a woman passed the door and she saw me through the hole and all she could do was cover her mouth and go “Ohhhhh,” like she knew the inevitable was coming. “

At the end of the day the drama club all came together to wind down and all sat around telling stories of their experience on the tour and enjoyed the snacks that were left over from the tour.